Raman Spectroscopy Market, 2026 – Increased Focus on Drug Development in Healthcare to Fuel Market Growth
DUBLIN, 12 October 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Raman spectroscopy market with COVID-19 impact analysis by instrument (Raman microscopy, portable and portable Raman), sampling technique (improved surface Raman scattering), application (pharmaceutical, life sciences) and region – Global forecasts until 2026 “ the report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global Raman Spectroscopy Market Expected To Reach $ 861 million by 2026 based on an estimate $ 602 million in 2021, at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2021 to 2026.
Increasing adoption of Raman spectroscopy in clinical applications and advancing use of Raman spectroscopy techniques for catalysts and catalytic reactions are among the factors driving the growth of Raman spectroscopy market.
The portable and portable Raman segment market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The portable and portable Raman segment market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to the growing adoption of portable and handheld Raman spectroscopy due to their ability to offer a simple point-and-shoot format and fully portable testing with an ergonomic design.
Thus, it enables rapid responses for unknown characterization compared to built-in digital libraries and pre-existing method data. In addition, these spectroscopies can be easily performed and operated by unskilled personnel to acquire the molecular fingerprint of raw materials for pharmaceutical, life science and material science applications.
The Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS) segment held the bulk of the Raman spectroscopy market in 2020, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
In 2020, Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS) held the largest market size for Raman spectroscopy, and a similar trend is expected to be seen during the forecast period. The growth can be attributed to the continued technological development of nanotechnology and extensive theoretical and experimental research, which has significantly broadened the scope of SERS and resulted in an increase in its demand for pharmaceutical, life science and science research. materials.
In addition, the SERS sampling technique can be used to amplify weak Raman signals, especially when the signals use visible light excitation and a low number of scattered photons are available for detection. Therefore, SERS finds application in drug delivery, trace detection of chemical and biological threat agents, point-of-service medical diagnostic (POC) devices, and forensic field testing.
Pharmaceutical application held the largest share of the Raman spectroscopy market in 2020, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Pharmaceutical application held the largest size of Raman spectroscopy market in 2020 and a similar trend is expected to be seen during the forecast period. The growth of the segment is attributed to the increase in the use of solid state pharmaceuticals in industries and universities.
Current pharmaceutical applications span a wide spectrum from drug discovery to manufacturing in the pharmaceutical industry, such as polymorphic identification, real-time process monitoring, counterfeit and falsified pharmaceutical detection, and imaging. solid dosage formulations. Due to its ability to visualize the distribution of drugs and excipients in pharmaceutical formulations such as tablets, creams and ointments, Raman spectroscopy is in great demand in the pharmaceutical industry.
On the basis of region, APAC is expected to represent the highest CAGR in Raman spectroscopy market by 2026
In 2026, Raman spectroscopy market in APAC region is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the growing demand for pharmaceutical, life science and materials science applications in countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India.
Moreover, the presence of a large number of pharmaceutical and life science companies and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) is also driving the growth of Raman spectroscopy market in the APAC region.
In addition, the increase in healthcare expenditure of government agencies and their initiatives on advanced healthcare technologies in their respective countries is also a major factor in the growth of Raman spectroscopy market in the region.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (United States); Agilent Technologies, Inc. (United States); Bruker Corporation (United States); Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. (Switzerland); Renishaw PLC (United Kingdom); Horiba, Ltd. (Japan); Metrohm SA (Switzerland); Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc. (United States); Rigaku Company (Japan); and PerkinElmer, Inc. (United States); are among the key players in the Raman spectroscopy market.
- Increased focus on drug development in healthcare to fuel Raman spectroscopy market growth during the forecast period
- Wearable and Handheld Raman Segment to Capture Largest Raman Spectroscopy Market Share from 2021-2026
- Surface Enhancement Raman Scattering to Capture Largest Raman Spectroscopy Market Share from 2021-2026
- Pharmaceuticals will be the largest size of Raman spectroscopy market in 2026
- APAC to Capture Largest Raman Spectroscopy Market Share in 2026
- China will register the highest CAGR in the Raman spectroscopy market during the forecast period
- Increased focus on drug development in healthcare
- Increased adoption of Raman spectroscopy in clinical applications
- Advancement in the use of Raman spectroscopic techniques for catalysts and catalytic reactions
- High cost of ownership
- Need a highly skilled workforce to keep pace with advancements in Raman spectroscopy
- Growing demand for cloud-based spectroscopy
- Increasing demand for process analysis (Pat) technology in pharmaceuticals
- Lack of improvements in spectrometer design
Trends / disruptions affecting the activities of market players and raw material suppliers
- Development of a new technique of Raman micro-spectroscopy that could image the phase distributions of polymers
- Research and development of a revolutionary biosensor platform for the early diagnosis of cancer
- Implementation of transmission Raman spectroscopy for rapid content uniformity testing
- Complementary technology
- Inelastic neutron scattering (Ins)
- Adjacent technologies
- Fluorescence spectroscopy
- Infrared spectroscopy
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Anton Paar GmbH
- B&W Tek, Inc.
- Bruker Company
- Improved Spectrometry, Inc.
- Hamamatsu Photonics KK
- Horiba, Ltd.
- Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc.
- Laser detection systems
- Metrohm Ag
- Mettler-Toledo International, Inc.
- Overview of the ocean
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Photon systems
- Renishaw plc
- Rigaku Company
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Tornado Spectral Systems, Inc.
- Witec GmbH
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2c607s
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets